Terms of Service
Welcome to Light up a Life - the place for anyone who has lost a family member (human or fluffy) to post and share memories, celebrate special occasions and keep that person or pet's light shining bright. The website has been developed by St Oswald's Hospice, and is made available to everyone without charge. It is run and moderated by St Oswald's staff and volunteers.
Please DO NOT
- Promote anyone else's products or services
- Promote your own business or service
- Use the website as a marketing channel or focus group, or to harvest information for your business
We want people to use Light up a Life to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- That breaches these terms
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent
- That infringes or breaches someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our website
We can remove or block content that is in breach of these provisions.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe breaches your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
We also can remove or restrict access to your content, services or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to St Oswald's Hospice.
Posts that contravene the rules will be deleted and offenders will be removed from the website.
Moderators have day jobs, and so won't always be able to respond to requests to explain why a post has been deleted or a member has been removed. This is a supportive, friendly website and any abuse against others will not be tolerated.